When you wanted to straighten your teeth in the past, you had to deal with cumbersome, extremely noticeable metal braces. However, in today’s time, choosing to buy your reusable, comfortable clear aligners is involved. For its transparent aligners and the outstanding outcomes that patients have obtained, Invisalign is renowned across the world. A few years ago, seeing your orthodontist was the only way to obtain clear aligners. However, at-home teledentistry has recently gained popularity.
Here you can get background on each treatment, outline the benefits and drawbacks, and compare them.
You begin your Invisalign journey at your orthodontist’s office. Your dentist in Mill Bay suggests carefully examining your oral health at the moment and keeping a close eye on it. Those who have an open bite, gaps in their teeth, crowding, an overbite, a crossbite, or an underbite are excellent candidates for Invisalign clear aligners. An FDA-approved treatment is Invisalign. Your orthodontist will take molds of your teeth to use in manufacturing your clear aligners, just like an artist would when producing a masterpiece.
- Schedule a consultation with a qualified orthodontist.
- Visit the expert for a free consultation and evaluation.
- Professionally acquired x-rays and 3D scans are used to design a unique treatment plan.
- Your mouth and treatment objectives are taken into account when making custom aligners.
- Regularly check in with the expert to track progress
At-Home Clear Aligners
Selecting an online aligner involves a do-it-yourself approach. Your outcomes will depend on how well you can adhere to the directions, just like with other at-home products.
By biting down on a clay mold, you can take the imprints of your teeth to start your online aligner treatment. You then send those impressions back to the supplier, who will use them to create your first set of aligners.
Using At-Home Aligners:
- An at-home kit is utilized to make a dental impression.
- The provider of online aligners receives the molds.
- Based on the mold, aligners are made and sent to you.
- Observe the guidelines
- Remote consultations with the dentist near you on staff are recommended every three months.
Comparison of Invisalign and At-Home Clear Aligners
On the surface, Invisalign and online aligners appear to be pretty comparable because they both apply pressure to your teeth, in the same way, to shift them into the desired position. However, this approach isn’t used in the same way.
They diverge in the following ways:
1. Level of supervision – If you choose Invisalign in Mill Bay, you are under the care of a skilled orthodontist right away. A professional is in charge of everything, including the 3D scans, the molds, and the monitoring. They will also inform you of any potential concerns associated with orthodontic treatment.
While you are mostly in charge of the treatment’s outcome with online aligners. This process begins with the creation of dental impressions and continues with monitoring and progress reports.
2. Severity of misalignment – When used properly, Invisalign can help with a wide range of orthodontic problems, including overbites and highly misaligned teeth.
However, online aligners are only used to straighten teeth; they do not improve bites. This is something to keep in mind if your issues go beyond minor tooth alignment issues.
3. Investment – For good reason, Invisalign is more expensive than the other two possibilities. You can be sure that you’ll get the desired treatment results thanks to the expert supervision and intervention of a tailored plan.
On the other hand, because there is no face-to-face interaction with dental practitioners, online aligners are less expensive. Self-administered therapy is therefore dangerous. The absence of in-person counseling may cause problems to go unnoticed, extending the length of the treatment and costing more money overall.
Maintain Your Smile for Life with Safe and Effective Orthodontic Treatment
You are now fully aware of the differences between getting Invisalign near you and at-home aligners. After all, before deciding on an orthodontic treatment, it’s crucial to be well-informed. We hope the above guide has made the genuine distinctions between Invisalign and standard mail-order aligners clear to you.
Reach out to Mill Bay Dental for your consultation; we will be able to precisely estimate the cost of your treatment and go over it. Schedule your consultation with us.
1. Are at-home clear aligners as effective as Invisalign?
They may be effective for some people with small misalignments, but there is a chance that they could exacerbate the issue. Without an in-person consultation with a specialist, managing the complex process of aligning teeth is challenging.
2. Is Invisalign more expensive than at-home clear aligners?
Invisalign is comparable in price to braces in terms of expense. The average cost of braces is $1,800 to $5,500. On average, Invisalign costs between $3,000 and $5,000. But keep in mind that only your orthodontist will be able to estimate the cost of your treatment.