Dental Cleanings & Checkups Near You
Having a good oral hygiene routine is the only way to keep your teeth healthy and strong for years to come. Excellent oral hygiene practices protect your teeth from gum disease, cavities, and tooth decay. Although brushing and flossing are vital to dental hygiene, coming into our dental office for professional dental cleanings and checkups in Mill Bay is just as important.
What is Involved in Dental Checkups and Cleaning?
When you visit Mill Bay Dental Health for a dental hygiene appointment, our experienced dental hygienist will begin by polishing and cleaning your teeth. At this time, our hygienist will also check for any signs of tooth decay or gum disease. Your cleaning will include:
- Dental scaling: using a special scaling tool, our hygienist will remove the buildup of tartar and plaque in your mouth, including below your gum line and between each tooth.
- Polishing: once our hygienist has properly eliminated most of the plaque and tartar on your teeth, they will remove any remaining debris and polish your teeth, so they shine.
- Fluoride treatment: our dental hygienist will offer you a fluoride treatment to protect you against future tooth decay and cavities and strengthen your enamel.
Once your dental cleaning is complete, our dentist will evaluate your teeth, jaws, and gums to gain a comprehensive understanding of your oral health, including:
- Digital x-rays
- Screening for severe conditions such as oral cancer, diabetes, and heart disease
- A comprehensive examination of your jaws, neck, and head
What Are the Advantages of Getting Dental Cleanings and Checkups?
When you book a professional dental cleaning and checkup at Mill Bay Dental Health, you will benefit from:
- Early detection and treatment of periodontal disease
- Lower risk of tooth loss
- Fresh breath
- A brighter smile
- Long-lasting oral health
How to Promote Optimal Oral Health at Home
While it is vital that you consistently visit our dentist for professional dental cleanings, it is also essential that you maintain healthy habits at home for optimal oral health, such as:
- Brush twice daily for at least two minutes
- Floss once a day
- Choose a fluoridated toothpaste
- Brush using the correct techniques
- Minimize your intake of sugary foods and drinks
Looking for Dental Cleanings and Checkups Near You?
Our team of dedicated dental professionals at Mill Bay Dental Health is proud to provide our patients with professional cleanings and checkups in Mill Bay to optimize their oral health. Please contact us to book a consultation today!