Dental Implants Near You
Having missing teeth can cause you to feel self-conscious of your smile and hide it from others. If you have missing teeth, you may be looking for a long-lasting, natural-looking way to replace them. At Mill Bay Dental Health, we offer dental implants as an excellent way to restore the smiles of our patients with missing teeth.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are permanent replacements for missing teeth. Dental implants consist of three main components: a biocompatible screw inserted into the jawbone, a porcelain crown, and an abutment to connect them.
Dental implants are becoming increasingly popular because of their natural and long-lasting qualities. Patients can use dental implants to replace one or several missing teeth.
How Are Dental Implants Placed?
There is a lot of planning and preparation involved in the process of placing dental implants. Here is a breakdown of the entire process:
- Planning: the dental implant process will begin with our dentist at Mill Bay Dental Health examining your jaw and taking x-rays to determine the density of your jawbone and if you are a viable candidate for the procedure. They will then decide where each implant should be placed in your gums.
- Installation: after administering a local or general anesthetic, our dentist will create a small incision in your gums so that they can reach the bone and insert the dental implants.
- Integration: once the implants have been placed, you will have to go through an integration period of several months where your jawbone fuses to the new implants.
- Support: once the implants have fused with your jawbone, our dentist near you will place the porcelain crowns over them, completing your restoration.
Looking After Your Dental Implants
Dental implants are very strong, and with the right care, they should last as long as your natural teeth would. To keep your implants in optimal condition, you must:
- Brush twice a day
- Floss once daily
- Drink plenty of water
- Report any damage to our Mill Bay dentist right away
- Visit Mill Bay Dental Health for routine professional dental cleanings and checkups
Looking For Dental Implants Near You?
If you are interested in learning more about dental implants in Mill Bay, contact our team at Mill Bay Dental Health today. We are happy to provide our patients with this long-lasting, highly successful dental restoration. Please contact us to book a consultation today!