Cosmetic Injectables Near You
Cosmetic injectables are primarily thought of as cosmetic treatments, used to reduce fine lines and wrinkles in the face. However, cosmetic injectables come with a variety of other uses, such as alleviating pain in the jaw from teeth clenching and grinding.
What is Cosmetic Injectables?
Cosmetic injectables has been used in the medical field for several years. While most people associate Cosmetic injectables with the cosmetic procedure of reducing wrinkles, frown lines, and other aging conditions, it can be used for other purposes. Our dentist uses Cosmetic injectables for healing purposes at Mill Bay Dental Health, such as alleviating pain caused by tense or strained jaw joints.
Cosmetic Uses of Cosmetic Injectables
Most of the time, Cosmetic injectables is used to treat crow’s feet, wrinkles, smile lines, and other cosmetic imperfections to do with the skin. The injections are administered strategically to temporarily relax your muscles and create a smoother, younger look.
Restorative Uses of Cosmetic Injectables
- Bruxism: excessive clenching and grinding can cause strain on the teeth and jaws. Cosmetic injectables can alleviate this pressure by temporarily paralyzing the muscles in your jaw and stopping unconscious clenching and grinding.
- Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD): similar to the reasons that Cosmetic injectables can alleviate pain from bruxism, it can also release the facial and jaw pain associated with TMD by relaxing your muscles.
- Orthodontic problems: Cosmetic injectables keeps teeth from shifting back into an undesirable position after orthodontic treatment by restraining muscle movement.
Are There Any Side Effects Associated with Cosmetic Injectables?
- Allergic reactions
Why Are Dentists the Best Choice for Cosmetic Injectables?
- Dental practices are very strict with their sterilization protocols
- Dentists have extensive experience administering injections
- Dentists have advanced knowledge of head, neck, and jaw anatomy
Considering Cosmetic Injectables Near You?
Our team at Mill Bay Dental Health is proud to offer Cosmetic injectables to our patients. Whether you want a younger appearance or relief from jaw pain, our team is happy to help. Please contact our clinic to book a consultation and learn more about this multifunctional treatment option!