BOTOX Near You
Otherwise known as Botulinum Toxin, BOTOX is a purified protein used for both cosmetic and restorative purposes. BOTOX is administered to certain points in the face to relax your muscles temporarily. At Mill Bay Dental Health, we are happy to offer BOTOX in Mill Bay to our patients.
What is BOTOX?
BOTOX has been used in the medical field for several years. While most people associate BOTOX with the cosmetic procedure of reducing wrinkles, frown lines, and other aging conditions, it can be used for other purposes. Our dentist uses BOTOX for healing purposes at Mill Bay Dental Health, such as alleviating pain caused by tense or strained jaw joints.
Cosmetic Uses of BOTOX
Most of the time, BOTOX is used to treat crow’s feet, wrinkles, smile lines, and other cosmetic imperfections to do with the skin. The injections are administered strategically to temporarily relax your muscles and create a smoother, younger look.
Restorative Uses of BOTOX
One of the best things about BOTOX is that it is both cosmetic and restorative in its abilities. Since BOTOX can temporarily relax muscles, it can be used to help patients who are struggling with pain and frustration from certain dental issues, such as:
- Bruxism: excessive clenching and grinding can cause strain on the teeth and jaws. BOTOX can alleviate this pressure by temporarily paralyzing the muscles in your jaw and stopping unconscious clenching and grinding.
- Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD): similar to the reasons that BOTOX can alleviate pain from bruxism, it can also release the facial and jaw pain associated with TMD by relaxing your muscles.
- Orthodontic problems: BOTOX keeps teeth from shifting back into an undesirable position after orthodontic treatment by restraining muscle movement.
Are There Any Side Effects Associated with BOTOX?
BOTOX does not come with many side effects, and if you do experience any, they will most likely be mild. Some potential side effects are:
- Allergic reactions
Why Are Dentists the Best Choice for BOTOX?
Many individuals overlook dentists when it comes to getting BOTOX. However, dentists are the best choice for BOTOX for the following reasons:
- Dental practices are very strict with their sterilization protocols
- Dentists have extensive experience administering injections
- Dentists have advanced knowledge of head, neck, and jaw anatomy
Considering BOTOX Near You?
Our team at Mill Bay Dental Health is proud to offer BOTOX to our patients. Whether you want a younger appearance or relief from jaw pain, our team is happy to help. Please contact our clinic to book a consultation and learn more about this multifunctional treatment option!